I recalled many memories of my moms cooking. The smells but mostly the feeling of LOVE. Most vividly the smell of her spaghetti stands out. At school, I could smell and taste exactly what was brewing in the kitchen.
I would run home and enter into a home with my favorite meal simmering on the stove. The aroma of fresh garlic, fried buttered mushrooms, and simmering tomatoes made my mouth water and heart soak in love. I’d watch her with admiration with all the “mommy” tricks. One pinch of this a little of that.
My moms cooking was exceptional and we joked about our Italian roots (0% Italian roots). I tasted love, complex flavors and joy. May you enjoy this recipe too.
- Brown 1 pound of hamburger (Drain and set aside)
- Fry 1 pound of Bella mushrooms in butter and set aside
- Add one can of diced Italian tomatoes and simmer to allow liquid to evaporate
- Add 1 Jar of your favorite Marinara
- 1 Packet of McCormick’s Thick and Zesty Spice Packet
- Fill Marinara jar halfway with water and shake to remove any leftover Marinara and add
- Add 4 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- 1 sprinkle of sugar
- A dash of dried basil or fresh.
- Add fried mushrooms and hamburger
- Now let the sauce simmer, stir and enjoy!